Here is a list of resources which I found helpful, although a quick google search may easily find you more options which are applicable to your situation. I hope these may be of use to you.
Helplines and Support Services
- Emergency services (000)
- Lifeline (13 11 14)
- 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732)
- Sexual Assault Help Line (1800 010 120)
- Sexual Assault Counselling Services (1800 211 028)
- Blue Knot Foundation (1300 657 380)
- Mensline Australia (1300 789 978)
- Relationships Australia (1300 364 277)
- Kids Help Line (1800 551 800)
- BeyondBlue (1300 224 636)
- SANE Help Line (1800 187 263)
- Women’s Legal Service (1800 677 278)
- White Ribbon
- Domestic Violence Prevention Center (QLD)
by Lundy Bancroft
A comprehensive guide into the mind of the abuser and suggestions for healing, a great, easy to understand read. Definitely helped me understand what was happening from both a scientific and personal point of view, and I reference to a lot of this material.
by Susan Brewster
Tools to become an effective advocate, managing your own feelings, handle the abuser and give strength to your loved one trying to break free.
by Marie M. Fortune
Suggestions, advice, Bible readings and prayers for Christian women. Confronts questions, distortions and misconceptions from the Bible.
by Shahida Arabi
Recognizing and learning the language of narcissists, how to detach, PSTD, self care and healing advice.
by Jackson MacKenzie
Recognizing the heartless psychopaths who hide behind a false mask, offering hope for healing and thriving after psychopathic abuse, written by another survivor.
by Meg Kennedy Dugon & Roger R. Hock
Practical advice, guidance, emotional reassurance and psychological awareness for survivors of abusive relationships.
by Patricia Evans
The consequences of verbal abuse, how to recognize and respond to destructive behavior in order to lead a happier, healthier life.